When you wake up each morning, what is it that makes you decide to get up and going? And do you ever stop to think about what motivates you at work? Because we, as humans, are not a one-size-fits-all, there are many different things that motivate us. Some of the things that come to mind for me are:
- Being a good leader – Empowering others to do their job well, giving clear direction, and setting a good example.
- Helping others – Having a positive impact on those around me.
- Solving problems – Enjoying challenges and being seen as an expert.
- Interaction with co-workers and customers – Being a people-person and valuing the relationship of co-workers and our customers.
- Motivating others – Inspiring others to achieve their goals and be the best that they can be.
There are probably countless possibilities of things that motivate us. Find what motivates you, and maybe you, in turn, can find a way to be an encourager and a motivator for others.
About the Author
Heather Kuss is the Digital Marketing Specialist at Sage Construction and Real Estate. She is passionate about providing the best customer experience possible. On her down time she loves to spend time walking, hiking, reading, knitting, and spending time with friends and family.Follow her on Twitter @hgkuss